- to support cultural and linguistic diversity in the EU and in other countries participating in the Culture Sub-programme of the Creative Europe Programme;
- to strengthen the transnational circulation and diversity of high quality literary works in the long term;
- to improve access to these literary works in the EU and beyond;
- to reach new audiences for quality literary translated works.
Within the above objectives, the priorities of the support for literary translation projects are:
- supporting the promotion of European translated literature;
- encouraging the translations from lesser used languages into English, German, French and Spanish (Castilian) as these may contribute to a wider circulation of the works;
- encouraging the translation of less represented genres such as works for a younger public (children, adolescents and young adults), comics/graphic novels, short stories or poetry;
- encouraging the appropriate use of digital technologies in both the distribution and promotion of the works;
- encouraging the translation and promotion of books which have won the EU Prize for Literature (please click here (http://www NULL.euprizeliterature NULL.eu/) for more information);
- raising the profile of translators. For that reason, publishers will be required to include a biography of the translators in each translated book.
Deadline: 4 June 2019
For more information please click here (https://eacea NULL.ec NULL.europa NULL.eu/creative-europe/funding/support-to-literary-translation-projects-2019_en).