Applications are open for Summer School 2017, run by the British Centre for Literary Translation in partnership with Writers’ Centre Norwich. The Summer School (23-29 July 2017) will bring together writers and translators for an intensive, one-week, residential programme of hands-on translation and creative writing practice. The programme will include creative writing sessions designed for literary translators, as well as lectures and readings.
Confirmed workshops available:
• Bengali to English – led by Arunava Sinha with writer Sirsho Bandopadhyay
• English to Spanish – led by Lucila Cordone with writer Giles Foden
• German to English – led by Katy Derbyshire
• Korean to English – led by Elmer Luke
• Lithuanian to English – led by Jura Avizienis
• Multilingual Prose, translating into English – led by Daniel Hahn
• Multilingual Poetry, translating into English – led by Fiona Sampson
• Spanish to English – led by Anne McLean with writer Vera Giaconi
Residential package – £700; non-residential package – £275.
Full residential scholarships are available for the Lithuanian workshop, and partial scholarships for the German workshop.
For further details and application forms, please click here (http://www NULL.bclt NULL.org NULL.uk/summer-school/).
or contact BCLT:
E-mail: email@example.com (bclt null@null uea NULL.ac NULL.uk)
Tel.: +44 1603 592785
Closing date for applications is 14 May 2017.