The Literary Translation Centre will once again be a highlight of The 2012 London Book Fair, promoting and highlighting the art of literary translation in the UK and abroad. This year’s seminar programme will include:
- Children’s books in translation
- Training and advice for translators
- Reports and studies
- Information on residences for translators and writers
- Information on new grants for translation
- Promoting resources to discover new books in translation.
This year’s Centre will have a special focus on China, Japan and the Arab Spring through translations, and speakers will include journalists, literary editors, poets and many others.
Partners of the Literary Translation Centre include The Translators Association, The British Council, Arts Council England, Words Without Borders and the British Centre for Literary Translation.
More details on events are available at the website (http://www NULL.londonbookfair NULL.co NULL.uk/en/Focus-On/Literary-Translation/Literary-Translation-Centre-events/#).
The London Book Fair runs from 16-18 April 2012, at Earls Court.