The conference ‘Queering Translation – Translating the Queer’, to be held in Vienna from 26 till 28 March 2015, aims to explore the common ground, both on a theoretical and a practical level, of Translation Studies and Queer Studies and promote cross-fertilization between these disciplines.
Possible themes include:
- Queer theorizing of translation/interpreting
- Intersections between Queer Studies and cultural translation
- Queering translation/interpreting pedagogy
- Translating/interpreting (for) marginalized sexualities
- Constructing Queer identities across cultures / in translation
- Translation of Queer theoretical writing
- Translation of LGBT fiction/films
- Queer representations of translators/translation
Presentations will be 20 minutes in length, followed by discussion. Conference languages will be English and German.
Abstract proposals should be sent in by 30 September 2014 to email@example.com (queertranslation null@null univie NULL.ac NULL.at)
For more information, please click here (https://queertranslation NULL.univie NULL.ac NULL.at/).